Sunday, May 19, 2013

A comedy of errors!

    Sometimes when my husband is talking away, I tend not to listen, I zone out and think of other things. I have learned that, when he was talking about the hoses for connecting to the water tank, I should have listened. He is away this weekend and it was up to me to make sure the garden got watered. We have a large garden so it takes a lot of water. We are lucky enough to live near a canal, so he hooks up the huge water tank to the tractor and goes helps himself with some water. They did say there would be lots of rain this weekend, so I really didn't think I would be needed to deal with the garden. Well, we all know how accurate the weather people are. We got maybe a sprinkling of rain..so..ugh..I had to water the garden tonight.  A simple task for the person that listened to what their husband was saying about the hoses...not so much for me!  There are 2 rows, along our spruce trees, that have green hoses. The one does have a nozzle, so I knew that would be my end hose. Surely it would be long enough to reach the water tank. Ya right...I can dream!  So, I rambled away moving those heavy hoses trying to figure out how one connects them. The dog was amused and watched me with great interest. I think, I heard her snicker..but couldn't be sure! My rambling was getting louder and louder. How hard is it to connect these stupid hoses and why do they weigh so bloody much!! I decided to hook up the one with the nozzle to the water tank and see what that would do. Well what it did was nothing. It wasn't long enough!  Sigh. Ok, I am a grown women, how hard is this?  I got the extra hose and brought it to the hose I was using and unhooked the nozzle end and got sprayed with a lot of water cause I didn't turn off the water! Arggg.
    Finally, I got everything all sorted. For future reference, turn water pressure off when changing hoses, wear rubber boots (cause water added to dirt turns into heavy mud that stick happily to sneakers), and above all...listen to my husband when he describes the newest things he buys for objects around the house. You never know what you will need to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment