Thursday, May 30, 2013

I am in love...

I walked into my magazine store with anticipation of bringing home my usual wad of British magazines. They seem to be the only ones I buy. I am not even from the UK, but I got addicted to them while living in Switzerland.  Addicted might seem like a harsh word, but anyone that knows me will say I have always been crazy about magazines. Only once in a blue moon do I actually throw some old ones out. Anyway, while I was there, I noticed a new style of e-reader.  Hmmm do I dare look at it. I knew it would cost the earth to buy cause it had just come out. Doesn't cost anything to look! Funny how I say that so often, and yet can't seem to follow that when in certain store. lol (Ikea being one of those stores!). I was with my son and the two of us began playing with the new e-reader. He was pressing all kinds of things and swiping his fingers along the screen. I stood there like some old nervous Nellie and kept saying "don't do that, you don't know what it might do". "It's ok mom. It won't hurt it.". I kept expecting the lights of the city to dim from all the things he was doing. Technology these day, you never know.  It would be cool to own one of these tablets, I thought. BUT I was not prepared to pay that amount. I have my e-reader that still works fine. I went on my merry way to fetch my magazines. Yes, they cost a bit here.  But, I think they are worth it.
  Skip a few months ahead and it's mother's day. My son got me that e-reader. Holy crap!! I told him that was very generous of him and way over the top. He said I deserved it and he now had a job and could pay for it and he really wanted to!  Awwww.  Frankly, I got spoiled by everyone this mother's day!! Gush gush!  anyway, back to the new fancy e-reader..now knows as my tablet! This thing is amazing!  I got free games to play, I can check emails and the most important discovery is that I can download my British magazines for half the price of what I pay. No way!!!  I text a good friend of mine that is well advanced in this technology thing, and I knew she downloaded magazines on her ipad. I asked if it was just like having the magazine in your hand. Does it really include everything from the magazine. She confirmed it was indeed the real thing. Whoopee!! So, now I have 3 magazines that I buy for my tablet. Think of how clean and de-cluttered my house will be without magazines hanging around for months on end. This will leave me with some empty shelves that I think can easily be filled with "stuff" from some of my favourite stores.
  Not only can I read my magazines, but I can join the kids in games. We are hooked on a great golfing game right now.  So, yes, I am in love. I am looking forward to having a dr.s appointment and bringing this tablet with me to keep me entertained. I realize most of everyone had one of these tablets..I always seem to be slightly behind the times. All I can say is Thanks, Child for buying me this new "toy"!!  Anyone want to challenge me to golf??!!

1 comment:

  1. ;))
    No golf challenge, I'm afraid, cos I'm so not into games, but I did have to laugh at this... check out if web links on your magazines are underlined in blue; if so, you may be able to go directly to shopping sites... ooooohhh....
    ;))

    ReplyDelete