Tuesday, May 21, 2013

morning after a long weekend..

We had a nice long weekend and had great weather! Everyone in the family had their own plans. Some were home for a night, some were not!  It is always a surprise who is at the dinner table at night. Quite rare to have everyone here for dinner. This weekend was just like that. My husband was away and the kids were coming and going all weekend. All the fun ends when last night we had to try and get back into the groove of things. I set my alarm to get up at 7 am. This was in part for me to get ready for getting up tomorrow at 5 am. Ease myself into this early morning rising. Since I managed to stay up late, I reset my alarm for 8 am. My kids are good at getting up for the school bus. My alarm went off at 8 am and I eventually got out of bed. Worked my way out of the room, stood in the hallway and saw my youngest also standing in the hallway. Whoa!!  What day is this? What time is this? 20 questions raced in my head thinking I clearly missed something and maybe I didn't have to set my alarm.  I am always first to question myself over and over before I realize it isn't quite as it seems. I looked at him then said, "You missed your bus?"  Now, this kid hates mornings. Not the hate that lasts for a minute or two. It is a full on miserable, not talking to anyone for a long time, kind of hate. So, he looked at me and nodded his head. Ok,  My morning started with feet hitting the ground running! I grabbed a protein bar and got in the van and took him to school.  Decided while I was out, I may as well go work out. Starting the day that fast, usually leaves me with a foggy head all day long. I sound like a princess don't I.  Gee, unless I have my hour of morning leisure, then I just can't cope. lol
Hope you have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment