Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Stinkin hot!

We are currently having a bit of a heatwave. Not only does this cause some major thunderstorms at night (which i hate..seriously..I hate those things), but it also causes this chick of the menopause era to swelter to death. I swear, the ceiling fan can't go fast enough sometimes. The windows are open, until the dogs in the neighbourhood start their barking fest, and the coyotes join in! My poor dog, is panting more then I am and has a fear of the ceiling fan. So, she doesn't know where to go at night. We are a good team, she and I. I tried to help her by putting a nice cool cloth on her head. She tried to get away from me and ended up smelling, well, like a wet dog. We do live near a canal that we could walk to and dunk her in (bad grammar..I know), but the walk back to the house would be just cruel. We would both be sweating and frankly, gross by the time we got back to the house. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the warm weather, but I don't do well in the stinkin hot weather. Bring me more Spring like temps or even Fall like temps. Those are nice to cope with. My internal temperature guage has never worked properly. I seem to take on whatever the temperature is. If it is cold, well, by golly, I get cold! Funny talking about how I can't cool down properly in this heat, and yet, my photo is of Palm Springs. Must be because everything there is air conditioned, not the outdoors obviously, but everyone has a pool! There's my solution! We have been doing a lot of renovations, why not add a pool to the mix. Hmmm, I see my husband is sitting on his tractor digging an area which is to become our front porch, why not head out there and suggest he do some more digging in the back yard. Couldn't hurt. By the time we have the hole dug and the pool put in, I will be writing about how it is -30 and bloody cold!! Can't win! Keep cool everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment