Sunday, October 25, 2015

Where have I been?!

Holy Crap.
 Has it really been that long since I have written anything for this blog. Sheesh, One would think I was off living the high life and was far too busy or didn't want to appear to brag about my life, to write.  Well, I am here, finally, to tell you the honest truth about my absence. Ready?!  Here it comes!!   I got lazy. There you have it. I  just got plain, sometimes really nice, lazy!! I over thought the whole blog process. Went through a stage where I figured I was the only one that liked hearing about my days and how crazy it could be. I was once told that maybe I over talk telling stories. They are too long and maybe people don't have the time to listen or read a long winded story. I took that to heart, and decided to give people the "Coles notes" version of stories. Then I thought again. ( I know..lots of thinking going on here) I have always been a story teller. No matter what I have done or seen, I have always turned it into a story with details and such. This is who I am and the hell with the naysayers. ( Is that even how you spell "naysayers"?)  If I want to spend a good 10 minutes telling a story about getting my hair cut, then I will! My grandmother was always a story teller and so was my Aunt. I come from a long line of story tellers.  It was a friend of mine that reminded me that I love to write and some of my stories are really funny. I was admiring her paintings and told her she had such talent for painting and drawing. She said "but, you are so good at writing and I wish I could do that!". Hmmmm. I do have a talent for writing. I do love to write and make people laugh. So, this entry in my blog after soooo  many years, will be the first of many to come.
   Side note here.. Coles notes, for those that may not know what that is, is a series of books that basically took classic novels and shortened them up for anyone that didn't want to read the whole book. They could just grab one of these and get the important points of a book. For instance..when you have to read Romeo and Juliet for school and find it hard to concentrate on the funky language, you could find a Coles notes book on it and learn the important parts of the book.  Personally, I loved Romeo and Juliet. Memorized the balcony scene and everything.
    That's it for now. Just wanted to do the virtual poke and say "I'm back". Hopefully I will write a story more that 1 time every few years!!   Later, eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment