Tuesday, October 27, 2015

tests..tests and more tests!

Went for a bone scan today. For those that have never had one, here is how it works. They take you into the room and you lie down on table. They then inject dye into your vein. The imaging machine does it's thing. They tell you the screen will be close to your face, but won't touch it. Yup, they were not kidding. The urge to move my head to the side became overwhelming. I closed my eyes. The machine is pretty open, but the "plate" so close to my face made me feel a bit closed in. That test lasted about 15 minutes. Then they send you off on your merry way to return in about 2 hours. One had to let the dye settle into one's bones. I decided to go have some breakfast. I went into the restaurant and was seated down in a booth. The sun was just coming up over a building and it became a bit bright. The waitress asked if I would like the blinds closed. No, it's fine. The sun feels nice, She ignored that and walked over to a table of 8 men and told them she was going to reach behind them, so that she could close the blinds as the sun is beaming into my eyes. I kid you not when I say, all 8 of them turned to look at me. I do believe they were looking for a crown on top of my head. Let me tell you, this waitress had to lean right over them to close the blind. I quickly glanced down at the newspaper I was reading. Had my breakfast and went shopping. I treated myself to new PJs. Also, bought myself a new housecoat. The one I own is huge and about 22 years old. It was bought when I was pregnant with my first child. It is one of the oldest articles of clothing I own. Even now, I can't think of possibly throwing it out. Will put it aside for now.
  Shopping done, time to head back to the machine. Part 2 of my fun. I got there, went right into the room. She explained it would be pretty much what it did before, so lie still. They actually wrap your feet together to prevent them from moving  and wrap your arms to your sides as well. My mind began to wonder. I was thinking about how my breathing was. Was it too much? Did it seem like I was holding my breath? If I took a deep breath, would that mean I moved too much and would have to start over?? Man, this brain of mine, just refuses to shut up! Then a good song came on. How was I going to stop singing along? Clearly, with my feet wrapped, tapping my toes was out of the question.
I moved my lips, ever so slowly to the song. Couldn't let it pass without singing along. The technician came in and asked if I had any recent chest injury or was I experiencing pain.  Could they see me sing? Did my moving of my lip indicate I was in pain? I told her now. She left again. The machine was now taking "photos" of my feet. Afterwards, I told her I did have some chest issues about 3 weeks ago. Found it hard to catch my breath cause my ribs hurt so much, but I had let my Dr. know and he said it was probably just a muscle pull from the chest fly's I was doing at the gym. Guess that thought was blown out of the water, because when I was done with this machine, they sent me to get an x-ray of my chest. Of course, we all know technicians can't tell you anything other than they saw something. Sheesh.  I was sent home to wait for the Dr to phone me. He should get the results in 24 hours. tic toc..not that I am counting.... Later, eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment