Sunday, August 5, 2012

What?!

Went to get my nails done today. It was a great day of spending it with my daughter. She is off to University at the end of the month..sniff sniff, and we decided to spend the day just the two of us. She is very much a tomboy and wasn't having any of that nail stuff. But, she was happy to sit beside me while I got mine done. We were standing at the counter to ask about getting them done,  when I noticed a lady seated, getting her nails done. She stared at me like she knew me from somewhere. I had never seen her before. We were told to come back in 45 minutes. So, we went shopping. Upon our return, the lady continued to stare at me. My inside voice was saying "what are you staring at?". Being the lady that I am...I hear that snicker from those that know me...I didn't say anything. I was getting my nails done and chatting when I asked my daughter if she noticed this women staring at me. It wasn't a hard core stare, just a glance from time to time. In order to glance at me, she had to swing her body around to do so. Strange. After mentioning it, my daughter did notice it. She leaned over and said "maybe she is jealous of your nails!". Hmm that's not it. She is getting the same thing done. (Here would be a good place to mention I get the ole fake nails put on)  " I know, she is admiring your shirt and is probably wondering where you got it?"  I pondered that thought, then came up with another one. "Oh god, I bet she donated this top to the second hand store that I got it from and keeps thinking it looks familiar!" THAT, my friends, would probably be the reason I was being stared at!! Wouldn't that be funny?  I never did find out, but that lady's staring soon got replaced with 3 workers standing around my little table talking with the women that was doing my nails. They were not speaking English and I got a bit paranoid that this was her first time doing it. In the end, it all turned out lovely. I now have nice "natural" looking nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment